Here’s my arbitrary and overly elaborate rating scheme for books and movies:
Ugh. To be stomped on or thrown away
Better than a Roach, but still not worth your time.
Good, but can be annoying at times. A good way to spend some mindless relaxation if you aren’t picky about a predictable plot or mysteries that produce evidence from nowhere.
Worth reading. Has an engaging plot, humor, good information, or all three!
Buy this book and read it ASAP.
Some Books that have been reviewed at the Bug Blog:
- A Matter for Men (2 flies)
- At Large and Small (4 bees)
- A Perfect Red (4 bees)
- American Pests (3 cicadas)
- My favorite 10 books
- Population 485 and Truck (5 membracids)
- Hive of Suspects (3 cicadas)
- Cicada Summer (The Plan 9 of Insect science fiction. Seriously.)
- LOL Book review
- Silver may Tarnish (2 flies. Even if a Goddess blesses your bees, they’re still a sucky plot device.)
- Books I read and liked in 2006
You can find other things I’ve written about books and literature in the Category pages.
You can see just about everything I’ve read over the last 5 years–and some of it’s embarrassing–in my LibraryThing collection. While I do read some good non-fiction and science, the vast majority of what I read is escapist. The fact that I have a “swashbuckling” tag should tell you something
Let’s not be judgmental, eh?