The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Ok, I’m all about random. My 6 random things:
1. I once picked up Steven J. Gould from the airport and had him tell me all about cupolas, and what a tragedy it was they were removed from older homes, on the way back to the university where we were hosting him. Very nice man, and he is missed. I love that he had so many different interests beyond just evolutionary biology.
2. I can touch my heels to my forehead. I used to be able to do both feet at once behind my head, but now I’m older and less flexible. If you meet me at a party and give me $50, I’ll try to do it again, though.
3. When I was an undergraduate, my nickname was “Wendy O.” As in, this Wendy O. The 70′s were a very scary decade, and you have NO IDEA how grateful I am that the cell phone camera was not invented until 25 years later.
4. This blog was supposed to be named cicada.wordpress.com, since cicadas are my favorite insects. That name was chosen, so I went with my second favorite insect family, the membracids. I have always loved cicadas, since they are a lot like me–small, harmless, and really, really, LOUD. Membracids are super cute, and have lumpy heads…like me.
5. Speaking of lumpy heads….when I was in my accident 17 years ago, my eardrum ruptured and spinal fluid came out my ears. This picture shows the areas I had brain damage on the left (lt. green), and the location of my skull fractures on the right (dark green lines). I actually lost most of my vision for a while, and had a lot of trouble with balance. Amazingly, if I didn’t tell you that I was brain damaged today, you probably wouldn’t know. And I had no permanent hearing or vision loss.
I don’t know why it turned out that way, but I’m pretty damn grateful.
6. Halloumi cheese is AWESOME.
And now, the 6 new tags, which I will make entomological (mostly):
- Osage orange
- Anna’s Bee World (she’s posted amazing new xray photos, BTW!)
- Andrea’s Buzzing
- Catalogue of Organisms whoops, he’s already been tagged!
- Gossamer Tapestry
- Skepchick (maybe all the skepchicks should have a 6 random things post?
Don’t blame me. It’s all PZ’s fault. And Memes are like a chain letter that increases your Technorati ranking :D