So, Blogroll Amnesty Day was February 3rd, and in proper Bug Blog tradition, I missed it. B.A.D. is a day “to salute all of the great smaller blogs that don’t get the recognition they deserve.”
Frankly, I think nearly all the blogs I read would be defined as “small,” including the Bug Blog. If you have an Authority of less than 150 on Technorati, you are considered small. But why worry about size queens?
So I proclaim today “Share The Love Day”: a day to recognize pretty much random blogs that I find amusing, entertaining, and interesting.
- Judge a book by its cover: Deconstructing pulp fiction covers in a most amusing fashion.
- The weirdest EVAR(?) nature book. Not a blog, but must be seen.
- Dr. Boli is sort of a Victorian Monty Python. Um.
- A very warped version of LOLcats: Your Argument is Invalid.
- DragonArtz Designs not only is an amazingly talented vector artist, but he/she posts all the work for Creative Commons use!! Yay!!
- I don’t think it meets the “little” criterion, but I do love The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation marks.
- For pretty photos of insects, you should check out Wild Light.
- Debbie’s Insects Blog. Normally I stay as far away from about.com as I can, but Debbie seems like a very good sort.
- There’s 2 feet of snow on the ground, and reading The Ant Hunter‘s adventures in Brazil makes me feel…well, envious, actually.
- I can only read half of it, but the design and photos are lovely: agrent.blogfa.com
- Kolby Kirk: A dude with mad CSS design skilz. His insect blog is Bug ShutterBug!
I know that there are people that I’ve meant to add to the Blogroll here, but I’ve been having a very hectic…well, year. My job is settling down some, but I tend to drop balls all the time. So, if you’d like to be added to the Bug Blog roll, please leave a comment!
I’m also open to new and better category suggestions for making order out of a rather long blogroll list.
* Monty Python has its own YouTube Channel now. And there was much rejoicing!