I have officially sold my house, and have moved into an apartment about 1 mile from where I’m working. So, no more cross-state commuting! Yay!
Of course, I can’t find anything, I’m grieving for my garden, and I’m weeks behind in my work, so I’m still not quite ready to fire the blog back up just yet. Like the last time I took a bloggy vacation, I’m finding that the absence of the blog is …..well…surprisingly stress-free, actually.
So, here’s some posts from the Bug Net that will hopefully amuse until next week:
- BBC covers reflexive bleeding in armored crickets
- A nice series of photos about the phorid fly parasites that create “zombie” fire ants
- Lovely photos of jumping spider eyes
- Cecropia moths emerge!
- The NCSU Insect Museum asks you to support their students
- Lifehacker has a hilariously useless recipe for insect repellent made with vodka and aloe vera. If you don’t mind smelling like a lush and re-applying every 5 minutes…sure, it will work.
- StarTrekLOL, for no particular reason.