It’s been really exciting to discover that there are actually many Bug Girls online! Just to clarify a few things:
- I am not the star of the (rather depressing sounding) graphic novel Bug Girl.
- There is a book called Bug Girl that sounds pretty awesome, actually, but it has nothing to do with me.
- None of these women are me–and you may not want to click that link at work.
- I do not have an account on Tumblr, but this Bug Girl does. If I hadn’t found her, though, I never would have found InsectLove, a wonderful insect photoblog.
- I love gardening, but this is not me. And I have no idea what this video is about, nor who this person on a Whirlpool forum is.
- I do like the name Evil Bug Girl, but alas, she doesn’t seem to be an actual girl. In fact, she seems to be a dude.
Lastly, the rock band named Bug Girl has nothing to do with me. Alas!
(I would love to be a rock star. Except for the performing bit and being on the road. Oh, and having any musical talent. But I’m totally down with the adoration of fans and raking in money part.)
I do really like their slogan of “Blood, Sweat, and Beers.” For your enjoyment: Bug Girl the band. They are touring the US right now.